We all value our privacy on the internet.
Let's face it, now days just about every website is wanting us to join up, sign in with Facebook or fill out this survey or that form. It is all about gathering in your data to sell you more stuff, or put targetted ads on your screen as you surf the interwebs.
We are no different at BMG, except we want your details so we can give you things like $20 WOF Inspections, and the chance to win a monthly prize draw. So here goes, our new EU Compliant Privacy statement (as amended May 2018).
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (http://www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
Bowater Motor Group retains the personal information you provide when you communicate with us about one of our products or services. If you call, email, write to us or fill in an enquiry form we keep a record of that correspondence. We keep a record of personal information you give us as part of entering one of our promotions. We collect your personal information if you purchase a vehicle from us.
We also collect personal information about vehicle owners from the Motor Vehicle Register, in accordance with Bowater Motor Group's authorisation to access the Register for specified purposes under section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998.
Use and disclosure of information
Your personal information is held and used by us to communicate with you about any of our existing, or future franchises such as Toyota, Daihatsu, Lexus, Hyundai, Isuzu, Honda and Z Energy products and services, and to improve our services. This may include:
- responding to your requests and enquiries
- receiving feedback and dealing with complaints
- processing orders and administering accounts
- providing customer and dealer support
- vehicle warranties and product recalls
- marketing and promotional activities
- product development and market research
- improving our website
If you contact us about an application for employment, we may use your information to process your application.
When you submit an online form, we may transmit your request including your personal details via email to the intended recipient.
We may share your information with our authorised Toyota, Daihatsu, Lexus, Hyundai, Isuzu, Honda and Z Energy parent companies, and Bowater Finance as well as other financial services providers as authorised or nominated by you, for any of the purposes stated above. We may also use and disclose your information if required to meet our legal obligations.
Your rights and choices
If you provide your phone number and email address (for example, when you enquire about a vehicle or servicing using our online form), we will ask if you want to receive communications by phone or by email. Please note that if you provide your mobile number and choose to receive communications by phone, we may contact you by text message. You can of course ask not to be contacted by text message or email. Our contact details are below. You may nominate your preferred method of contact and we will respect your preference.
Our online contact forms, or "Bowater Family Registration" account gives you the option of ticking a box labelled 'Please keep me informed about current Promotions, Offers, Products and Services'. If you do not tick the box, we will not send you promotional material.
Who we share this information with
- The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
- The statistical information (not your personal information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
- Your personal information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
- We may share the information with specified third parties if your prior permission has been obtained.
What else we do with personal information.
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
Links to other sites
Changes to this policy